Thales's 2012 Corporate Responsibility Performance. A Year of Progress and Recognition16/07/2013
View Full Report
DRIVEN BY A COMMON VISION OF OUR BUSINESS AND ITS ROLE IN SOCIETY, AND BY A STRONG COMMITMENT TO ETHICAL CONDUCT, EACH THALES EMPLOYEE HAS BEEN CONTRIBUTING DIRECTLY TO THE LONG-TERM PERFORMANCE AND SUSTAINABILITY OF THE COMPANY
In the face of increasingly stiff international competition, Thales achieved a long list of contract wins in 2012 in all areas of our business.
This continued success testifies to Thales’s technological excellence and the expertise and experience of our teams around the world. But all these new contract awards are also an endorsement of Thales’s ethics and corporate responsibility policy which is at the core of company’s day-to-day business by implementing an absolute zero-tolerance policy on compliance violations
A PRO-ACTIVE CORPORATE RESPONSIBILITY POLICY, AS A KEY ELEMENT IN PERFORMANCE
- A coherent global system based on rigorous and demanding programmes of compliance and integrity, especially in terms of preventing corruption, deployed worldwide for many years and forming part of a continuing improvement process.
- In 2012, Thales was ranked by Transparency International among the top ten companies in the Defence sector.
- A strong commitment in international cooperation to promote best practices with professional associations in the Aerospace and Defence sector, international organisations and non-governmental agencies.
- A performance level raised by the United Nations Global Compact from “active” to “advanced” in 2012, making Thales the only company to date in the “Aerospace & Defence” industry to benefit from “Global Compact Advanced” status.
- A responsible approach with suppliers: more than 1,800 suppliers have signed the Purchasing and Corporate Responsibility Charter.
- An integrated environmental approach preventing and managing impacts and risks, joining the fight against climate change (CleanSky) and designing more eco-friendly products to ensure competitiveness.
- A responsible employer with a comprehensive social policy supporting diversity and fighting against discrimination with a concrete commitment for gender equality, high-quality social dialogue, continuous training programme and professional development.
- An active local contribution to economic and social life in the countries and regions. Thales conducts local actions with charitable organisations in a number of countries in which the Group is developing its operations.
IN 2012, OUR SUSTAINABILITY PERFORMANCE WAS RECOGNIZED BY KEY GLOBAL STAKEHOLDERS
United Nations Global Compact
Transparency International UK - Defence and Security Programme
NYSE EURONEXT VIGEO Eurozone 120
Review our sustainability performance at http://sustainability.thalesgroup.com
For any inquiries please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow the Company on Twitter: https://twitter.com/thalesgroup
View Full Report