EDF Energy UK plc has published its 2011 Sustainability Report31/07/2012
View Full Report
EDF Energy UK plc has published its 2011 Sustainability Report, 'Leading the Energy Change' online at:
The report provides an update on EDF Energy's 2011 performance against its Sustainability Commitments, and wider context on recent business achievements.
EDF Energy was awarded ‘Platinum Plus’ in the 2011 Business in the Community (BITC) Corporate Responsibility Index with an overall score of 97%. This placed the company as Best in Sector. In addition, the business was proud to be awarded eight ‘Big Ticks’ in BITC’s national Awards for Excellence programme. These recognised EDF Energy’s leading practice across areas including environmental leadership, community support, rural action, skills, well-being, sustainable travel, and education.
The company went on to win the national Environmental Leadership Award and Building Stronger Communities Award, as well as being shortlisted for Responsible Business of the Year. More details can also be found at: Our sustainability results and performance
In addition, EDF Energy has continued to invest in leading social and environmental programmes:
- The EDF Energy Sustainable Schools programme, The Pod has now reached an estimated 6 million children with around 45% of UK schools registered on the programme.
- The company has met its commitment to reduce its transport footprint by 20% by 2012 – achieving a 38% reduction.
- It is helping vulnerable customers through award-winning debt management practice in partnership with Citizens Advice Bureau and giving 56,000 of EDF's most vulnerable customers a much-needed £120 rebate.
- As a business, EDF Energy aims to be open and transparent in all that it does. It launched the energy futures website in 2011, and hosted over 150 site visits to nuclear sites from schools, colleges, interest groups, and politicians.
- EDF Energy employees have been passionate supporters of ParalympicsGB, with £300,000 donated to the charity.
- Working with the British Paralympic Association and the Council for Responsible Sport, EDF Energy helped set a new global standard for sustainability at Paralympic training camps, receiving a Silver Accreditation for its work.
- The business also achieved the Wildlife Trust’s Biodiversity Benchmark at its Hinkley Point B power station.
On 25th March 2012, EDF Energy also launched a Spring Progress report on 'Our Sustainability Commitments' at: Our Sustainability Commitments
A strong feature in EDF Energy’s reports is the work the business is doing to rebuild trust with customers. Our Customer Commitments was launched in Parliament in March 2012 and outlines what the company is doing to ensure better service, fair value and simplicity for all of its domestic customers. The company also launched Our Customer Commitments for business customers in April 2012.
These all form part of EDF Energy’s approach to being a leading and responsible business.
If you have any comments or suggestions please email email@example.com.
View Full Report