Barilla 2017 “Good for You, Good for the Planet” Sustainability Report17/05/2017
View Full Report
A concrete contribution to the Global Agenda
The Barilla Group has released its 2017 Sustainability Report.
Highlights include Barilla actions to contribute to people’s and communities’ wellbeing and adapt to climate changes and planetary boundaries through collaborative efforts with many stakeholders. It’s a concrete report about Barilla purpose “Good for You, Good for the Planet”.
It’s an overview of how Barilla is contributing to the achievement of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, a universal call to action to address the world’s most pressing economic, social and environmental challenges. And it represents a dynamic picture about Barilla commitments, actions and goals for a sustainable development.
The report was prepared in accordance with the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) G4 voluntary Sustainability Reporting Guidelines and includes Barilla’s United Nations Global Compact Communication on Progress.
Barilla key results:
GOOD FOR YOU – promoting the Italian Lifestyle and the Mediterranean Diet through a tasty, safe, nutritionally-balanced range of products
- Since 2010, 360 products have been reformulated to improve their nutritional profile.
- 13,700 packs picked from the shelves in 2016, in more than 380 point of sales to perform quality checks.
- 5 Barilla Restaurants opened to bring the joy of eating Italian food all over the world.
GOOD FOR THE PLANET – reducing the impact on the environment from field to fork
- Sustainability projects defined for 100% of the strategic supply chains.
- 19% of strategic raw materials comes from responsibly managed supply chains.
- - 28% of CO2 emissions and -21% of water consumption per ton of product compared to 2010.
GOOD FOR THE COMMUNITIES – ensuring food availability to needy people and educating young generations to healthy lifestyles
- More than 15,000 young people involved in 2016 in the food and physical activity educational project «Giocampus» in the area of Parma.
- Collaboration with more than 120 NGOs and charities in Europe, the USA, Australia, Russia, Turkey and 4,000 tons of products donated in 2016.
- The Barilla Mobile Unit for Civil Protection was mobilized for the earthquake in Central Italy in 2016 and 2017.
Discover the digital report on Barilla corporate website: http://www.barillagroup.com/ or download the I-phone App «Sustainability 2017»
Download here the “Good for You, Good for the Planet” executive summary: http://media3.barillagroup.com/bgr/cdn/Report_Barilla_ENG.pdf
Luca Di Leo
Head of Global Media Relations
View Full Report