BAE Systems publishes 2016 Annual Report and CR Summary26/04/2017
View Full Report
At BAE Systems we are proud not just of what we do, but how we do it – from developing innovative products and services and investing in our people and future workforce, to giving our customers the best possible service. We take an integrated approach and report Corporate Responsibility (CR) performance in our Annual Report and a more detailed approach to CR in our CR Summary.
This year’s reports demonstrate the progress the company is making in its CR agenda. It focuses on our strategy and performance in key areas of business conduct, safety, diversity and inclusion, environmental sustainability and community investment. And also provides a clear statement about how we intend to continuously improve performance in these areas.
Our 2016 highlights include:
- Continued progress in engaging employees and developing the company’s ethics programme
- Our approach to embedding safety across the company’s operations so that all employees understand the importance of a safe workplace
- Progress in developing a diversity and inclusion strategy to help us build a workforce that more closely reflects the diversity of the local population in each of our key markets
- Our commitment to reducing the environmental impact of our operations
- Globally, we and our employees, through the Community Investment programme, contributed more than £11m during 2016 to local, national and international charities, and not-for-profit organisations.
For more information on the 2016 Annual Report click here.
For more information on the 2016 CR Summary click here.
For more information on Corporate Responsibility click here.
At BAE Systems, our advanced defence technology protects people and national security, and keeps critical information and infrastructure secure. We search for new ways to provide our customers with a competitive edge across the air, maritime, land and cyber domains. We employ a skilled workforce of 83,100 people in over 40 countries, and work closely with local partners to support economic development by transferring knowledge, skills and technology.
View Full Report