TD Bank Group Releases 2015 Corporate Responsibility Report08/06/2016
View Full Report
This week TD released its 2015 Corporate Responsibility Report, Adapting to be the bank you need, showcasing the bank's commitment to serving the changing needs of its customers, employees, communities and shareholders.
"TD opened its doors today for the same reasons we did in 1855: to serve people – fulfill their aspirations – make their lives better – build a more prosperous future," said Bharat Masrani, Group President and CEO, TD Bank Group. In order to be the bank customers need, TD's corporate responsibility strategy is built on four themes – be an environmental leader, responsible banking, building an extraordinary workplace, and strengthening communities.
To see how TD is working to strengthen local communities watch the stories of impact videos.
Highlights for environmental and social performance in 2015 include:
- TD named Best Green Bank in North America 2015 by Capital Finance International
- Top-scoring Canadian financial institution on the CDP Climate Disclosure Leadership index
- Invested in Renewable energy credits (RECs) equivalent to 100 per cent of the electricity used by the bank in 2015
- Over C$1 billion in green bond underwriting by acting as joint-lead underwriter on two green bonds, issued by the European Investment Bank
- One million trees planted in New York City through the TD-sponsored program MillionTreesNYC
- Over 58,000 acres of critical forest habitat protected with help from TD Forests since 2012
- 53,000 trees planted through TD Tree Days
- More than C$4.6 million in funding provided by TD Friends of the Environment Foundation to over 1,000 communities across Canada
Recognized as one of Canada's Best Diversity Employers for the 4th consecutive year
Named among The Best Places to Work for LGBT Equality in the U.S. seven years in a row
Over 247,900 people across North America and the U.K. participated in a TD-sponsored program to improve financial literacy
C$92.5 million donated to support more than 4,300 communities throughout North America and the U.K.
US $16.6 million donated by the TD Charitable Foundation to community organizations across TD's footprint in the U.S., from Maine to Florida
TD provided 965 volunteer grants worth C$538,270 to charities in which TD employees volunteered 40 or more hours of their time with
For more information about corporate responsibility at TD or to read the full report, visit www.td.com/corporate-responsibility.
About TD Bank Group
The Toronto-Dominion Bank and its subsidiaries are collectively known as TD Bank Group (“TD” or the “Bank”). TD is the sixth largest bank in North America by branches and serves more than 24 million customers in three key businesses operating in a number of locations in financial centres around the globe: Canadian Retail, including TD Canada Trust, TD Auto Finance Canada, TD Wealth (Canada), TD Direct Investing, and TD Insurance; U.S. Retail, including TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank ®, TD Auto Finance U.S., TD Wealth (U.S.), and an investment in TD Ameritrade; and Wholesale Banking, including TD Securities. TD also ranks among the world's leading online financial services firms, with approximately 10.7 million active online and mobile customers. TD had CDN$ 1.1 trillion in assets on April 30, 2016. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades under the symbol “TD” on the Toronto and New York Stock Exchanges.
View Full Report