Merck & Co., Inc. publishes 2014 Corporate Responsibility Report15/09/2015
View Full Report
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, N.J., USA, known as MSD outside of the United States and Canada, recently issued its 2014 global corporate responsibility report. The report provides an overview of the company’s corporate responsibility activities, progress and performance during 2014 in the areas of Access to Health, Environmental Sustainability, Employees and Ethics & Transparency.
Highlights from the 2014 report include:
- Developing breakthrough treatments and partnerships to combat Ebola, cancer, hepatitis C and other unmet medical needs
- Expanding global access to more than 30 medicines to reach at-need communities
- Improving the quality of maternal healthcare for millions of women through MSD for Mothers, known as Merck for Mothers in the U.S. and Canada, and its partners in more than 30 countries
- Reducing water use by 20% since 2009, and emissions of greenhouse gases by 12% since 2012, helping to preserve and protect the environment
- Pairing employees through the company’s Fellowship for Global Health with non-profit organizations for three-month, pro bono assignments that allow organizations to significantly expand their reach and capacity
- Receiving recognition as the Top Company for Employee Resource Groups from DiversityInc for innovation in driving business performance through the company’s Employee Business Resource Groups
The company continues to use several external guidelines and measurement frameworks to inform the scope of its reporting, including the Global Reporting Initiative Guidelines (GRI G4), the Millennium Development Goals, the Access to Medicine Index and the United Nations Global Compact.
In addition to the comprehensive report, the company has published an executive summary highlighting various programs and partnerships that exemplify the company’s corporate responsibility commitments.
• To view the full report, please visit: www.merckresponsibility.com
• To view the executive summary, please visit: www.merckcr.com
The company welcomes your comments as well as requests for printed copies of the executive summary. For more information, please contact the Office of Corporate Responsibility.
About Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, N.J., USA
Today's Merck is a global healthcare leader working to help the world be well. Merck & Co. Inc., is known as MSD outside the United States and Canada. Through our prescription medicines, vaccines, biologic therapies, and animal health products, we work with customers and operate in more than 140 countries to deliver innovative health solutions. We also demonstrate our commitment to increasing access to healthcare through far-reaching policies, programs and partnerships.
Forward-Looking Statement of Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, N.J., USA
View Full Report